Search the BBC Archives
Search the CIA Archives
Search the UN Archives
11.60 Animal rights vs. rights of all living creatures
The human race has jurisdiction over all animals. With this privilege comes responsibility.
If someone is a vegetarian - be tolerant of their wishes. It works both ways.
Animal rights activists have done very well in bringing to the attention of the masses some pretty nasty things done to animals in the name of science. Without their help, many of the safeguards and legislation would not be in force today. Nevertheless, I do not condone violent acts by these people and furthermore forbid it.
The question of animal experiments is highly controversial. Here are my directives on animal experiments:
(1) Human beings' health is the priority, but licensed pain inflicting experiments should only be carried out when there is no alternative.
(2) Animal rights activists must be represented on licensing panels.
(3) Animals that will be subjected to experimentation should be given a quality of life beyond that of a normal "spoilt pet" for as long as possible and whenever possible before experimentation is started. This is the animal equivalent of "you can do everything that makes you happy as a human, live in a palace, food, sex, etc, etc… but at 50 you will be put to death in uncomfortable circumstances for the benefit of all your family."
(4) In certain situations, use criminal volunteers as an alternative, as long as the experimentation is non-life threatening.
(5) I forbid animal experiments for cosmetic product testing.
(6) Animals bred for organ transplants could one day end the need for human donors.
(7) I direct that 12 eminent people, cautious, incorruptible, experts in their field, highly respectable and paragons of ethical virtue be appointed trustees of issuing global guidelines on these matters. Deliberation must take place in public. Let them act as advisors, binding arbitrators on some matters and the conscience between Sovereign tribes.
I commend organisations such as the RSPCA and Humane Society of America for their role in protecting animals, preventing cruelty and prosecuting offenders. I direct everyone supports such organisations.
Quick Links for The Blueprint for the Eradication of Extreme Poverty and War by December 12th 2012
Simple Site Map
All the 600 issues (or topics) to bring about World Peace and the eradication of extreme poverty by December 12th 2012 are divided up into 12 main headings as found on the home page. Alternatively, you may find useful navigation hints below:
Please note: this website is written in British English
Remember to bookmark www.12-12-12.org!
The 12-12-12 website is an educational website that facilitates individual or group discussion. The coded 12-12-12 book is a snapshot, written over an 87 day period, of the major problems in the World as at March 17th 2002 and possibly how to resolve them. The author Andronicos has written it in an ironic style to act as a catalyst for constructive discussion.
This website does not solicit nor accept paid advertising or web awards. Neither does it solicit donations from other organisations, charities, corporations or members of the public.