12-12-12 Main Page
About this website
View the exploded list of all World Issues
Search the BBC Archives
Download the free 12-12-12 book
Search the CIA Archives
Search the UN Archives
10.10 A new Global Ethics
What if you were put in charge of the World tomorrow? How would
you run the planet?
If you have arrived onto this page from an external link or search engine,
the material below will make no sense whatsoever unless you know why
www.12-12-12.org was written. A very brief summary can be read by clicking here
This globally popular educational and research website lists every national
and international problem in the world in a rather unusual and entertaining
way, so remember to bookmark www.12-12-12.org in your favourites
folder! For the record: Andronicos the author does not profess to greatness in any shape or form. Lets continue.................
Andronicos "The Great" as Director of the Human Race and Manager Planet Earth commands and Andronicos "The Cynic" responds as follows.........
I honour Hans Küng the Swiss Roman Catholic priest, author and theologian. Due to his radical non conformist views, his commission to teach as part of the Roman Catholic faculty was revoked in 1979.
I quote Professor Küng's words with the following insight into a new Global Ethics for the World:
- We live in a World and time in which we observe new dangerous tensions and polarisations between believers and non-believers, religious people and agnostics, secularists, between clerics and anti-clericals - not only Russia and Europe, but also in Africa, in North America and in Asia.
To this challenge I respond. There can be no survival of humanity without a coalition of believers and non-believers in mutual respect!
- We live in a World and time where humanity is menaced by a 'clash of civilisations', eg. between the Muslim civilisation and the western civilisation. We are threatened not as much by a new World war, but by all sorts of conflicts in a specific country or in a city, a street or a school.
To this challenge I respond. There will be no peace among the civilisations without peace among the religions!
But many people will ask: Is it not precisely the religious that often support and inspire hatred, enmity and war? Indeed:
- We live in a World and time, in which peace in many countries is menaced by all sorts of religious fundamentalism. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, often simply rooted in social misery in reaction to western secularism and in the desire of a basic orientation in life.
To this challenge I respond: There will be no peace among the religions without dialogue between the religions!
But many people will object: Are there not so many dogmatic differences and obstacles between the different faiths, which make real dialogue a naďve illusion? Indeed:
- We live in a World and time, in which better relations between religions are blocked by all sort of dogmatisms which exist not only in the Roman Catholic Church, but in all churches, religions and ideologies.
To this challenge I respond: There will be no new World order without a World ethic, a Global Ethic despite dogmatic differences.
The expression "New World Order" has many definitions ranging from New Age pagan to Apocalyptic Christian. My definition, and I suspect Professor Küng's is "a new and better way to behave globally."
I invite all tribal leaders, religious and political, to heed his advice. Aim for new Global Ethics.
External links relating to topics found in the 12-12-12 book and website
Many external links have been included which voice various opinions on the subject matter. They are an invaluable tool for research and general discussion.
Institute for Global Ethics
The Institute for Global Ethics' Mission
To promote ethical behavior in individuals, institutions, and nations through research, public discourse, and practical action.
The Institute for Global Ethics' Values
As a nonsectarian, nonpartisan, global research and educational membership organization, we strive always to be:
Honest and truthful in all our dealings.
Responsible and accountable in every transaction.
Fair and equitable in each relationship.
Respectful and mindful of the dignity of every individual.
Compassionate and caring in each situation.
Quick Links for The Blueprint for the Eradication of Extreme Poverty and War by December 12th 2012
Simple Site Map
All the 600 issues (or topics) to bring about World Peace and the
eradication of extreme poverty by December 12th 2012 are divided up into 12 main headings as found on the home page. Alternatively, you may find useful navigation hints below:
- Download and optionally print the 12-12-12 book in whole or in
- Read a whole section online via the home page or via the
exploded list index of all issues
- Read each issue one by one. This is ideal if your internet speed is slow, or you wish to quickly translate a page
- Search for a particular topic that is of interest to you
- Listen to Andronicos "The Great's" unusual speech
- Talk about the material in Senior High School or College lessons using the discussion topics (view some examples here)
- Recite a touching poem about World Peace: The Ancient Song of The Human Race
Please note: this website is written in British English
It will take an average person 12 hours to read and understand the contents
of this website and listen to 'The Speech'. Is one hour a day for
12 days too long? Why don't you email the www.12-12-12.org link to 12 of your friends and discuss their opinions in 12 days time? Maybe
the 7th person in your email chain can break the secret code and
the 12th person, may hold the key to World Peace. Are you or someone in your
family the 7th or 12th person?
Remember to bookmark www.12-12-12.org!